Fall 2022: Resilience Cohort for Professionals Serving Youth and Families
October 6 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Staff of youth-serving organizations are invited to join a multi-agency cohort to support resilience and well-being among professionals serving youth and families. Led by Shayla Collins and Becca Calhoun from The Center for Child & Family Well-Being (CCFW) at the University of Washington, the sessions will include teaching, guided contemplative practices, and group discussions. We encourage you to attend this training with at least one other staff person from your organization.
Resilient Attitudes & Living (REAL Pro) is a program that helps to strengthen skills for navigating stress and increasing your well-being. We will share mindfulness techniques that can support you both personally & professionally. This will be an opportunity for interactive, reciprocal learning. The goals of this online program are to create a supportive space for you to: Strengthen social-emotional skills and well-being through mindfulness and self-compassion; Equip you with in-the-moment coping skills to navigate stress and challenging emotions; Enhance your relationships with colleagues and youth you serve; and Support you in integrating mindfulness and self-compassion practices and skills into your work.
“I have turned to the body scan often and just to the memory of how it felt to be centered and calm and focus on my feelings for an hour plus in community…it felt great. It’s such a great reminder/memory of how important it is to FIND THE TIME to care for yourself in this way.” – YDEKC Spring 2022 Resilience Cohort Participant
“Excellent program that was a game changer for me this year. The presenters are authentic, personable, and skilled at what they do… Mindfulness is for everyone.” – REAL Pro participant
Event Dates & Times
This event will take place virtually on Zoom, every other Thursday of each month, from 10:00-11:30 a.m., starting October 6th 2022.
The schedule is:
- DAY 1: Thursday, October 6, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 2: Thursday, October 20, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 3: Thursday, November 3, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 4: Thursday, November 17, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 5: Thursday, December 1, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 6: Thursday, December 15, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Participants in this program will be invited to complete research surveys about stress and well-being. This research is important, because there is limited research on the stress, well-being, and coping strategies in youth-serving organizations.
If you enroll, you will be offered a gift card for completing each survey. (Surveys take about 15 minutes.) The first survey will be prior to the first session and you will receive a $20.00 Tango Card. The second survey will be after the final session and you will receive a $25.00 Tango card.
Register by September 29, 2022.
- Inviting registrants to share accommodation requests when they register, at least one week before the program begins
- Sharing participant expectations in the event description — such as whether there will be breaks, breakout rooms, and types of engagement
- Providing multiple ways to join virtual sessions — for example, via computer or phone
- Automated closed captioning will be available during the sessions (excluding breakout rooms) via Zoom’s Live Transcription feature
- Registrants will receive handouts for individual sessions, and, if permission is given by participants, access to recordings
In order to make our learning events accessible to all, we offer a scale of fee options from $50 to $450. Please choose the fee that is meaningful and possible for you at this time.
There will be no refunds available after September 29, 2022.