Greetings YDEKC Members and Friends!
On Wednesday, ballots for 2016 elections will drop in King County and we want a YES Vote on King County Proposition 1 (Best Starts for Kids) on every resident’s ballot! One year ago, YDEKC members prioritized support for Best Starts as a primary goal for our advocacy agenda in 2015. Now, after your hard work on the King County Youth Action Plan, testifying in support of Best Starts at the County Council, and weighing in on implementation, NOW IS THE TIME! The King County Alliance for Human Services has put together a fantastic list of things YOU (yes YOU – even if you work for a 501(c)3) can do to help support the levy, and bring over $60 Million per year into our community to support children, youth and families.
Please get involved, get the word out and vote!
Have you committed to and/or accomplished all of these?
- Help your clients and staff get registered to vote online – KC Voting Toolkit
- Local Media – Write a letter to the Editor of your local community newspaper
- Has Your Board Endorsed the Levy? – Here is a sample endorsement for your organization
- Help your board get actively involved, send them this letter
- Tell us a story about how your clients have benefited from your services and how BSK will expand your support. Email email@example.com to learn more
- Offer your work-space for phone banking – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
- Link the BSK website to your own website and share why your organization supports it.
- Post messages and tweets to your personal and professional Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Write an article to share in your agency’s eNewsletter supporting BSK.
- Pick up BSK brochures to share at all your agency’s events and opportunities to communicate support of BSK
- Contribute – Financially support the campaign
Resources & Reference Materials
- Best Starts Image Library
- Best Starts Card in Multiple Languages – Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Somali and Chinese
- Messaging – Click here for messages in support of the levy
- Mobilization – How and where to participate
- Supporting Evidence & Data – Here is evidence why Best Starts funding is needed
- Social Media Toolkit – Messaging to share your support on Facebook and Twitter!
- Non-Profits can support ballot measures – Here’s what non-profits (501-C3) need to know
Thanks again to the King County Alliance for Human Services for the great list of ways to get involved.
*We will be sending updates and action opportunities regularly about the Best Starts for Kids Initiative/Levy throughout the summer and fall. If you’d prefer to NOT receive these updates, please email email@example.com and we’ll remove you from this list (but keep you on our monthly e-newsletter “YDEKC Field Notes” list).