YDEKC is hiring a Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Strategy Senior Manager!
Youth Development Executives of King County (YDEKC) is a coalition of youth-serving organizations and a cross-sector convener working to improve outcomes for young people. Representing the executive leadership of youth-serving nonprofit organizations supporting children and youth in King County, Washington, YDEKC is uniquely positioned to advocate for and with our members and the youth they serve; to convene critical cross-sector partnerships; and to develop field- and organizational-level knowledge about best practices in youth development. In the last six years, YDEKC has established itself as a key voice for youth-serving providers in the region. School’s Out Washington serves as the host agency, fiscal sponsor and employer of record for YDEKC staff members.
YDEKC is a key partner in the Road Map Project focused on educational success and racial equity in South Seattle and South King County. YDEKC’s collaborative work in the region focuses on elevating and increasing out-of-school-time programming in the region (whole day) and supporting social emotional learning (whole child) systems and collaboration. YDEKC also works closely with School’s Out Washington to leverage their expertise in staff development and youth program quality.
The SEL Strategy Senior Manager will lead and manage YDEKC’s whole child strategy, working closely with the YDEKC staff team, partners including school districts and YDEKC member organizations to develop and move forward a shared vision of success for our region’s children and youth.
Location: 801 23rd Avenue S., Seattle, Washington
Social Emotional Learning Program Strategy
- Lead YDEKC’s Social Emotional Learning and “whole child” efforts;
- Manage the planning and coordination of cross-sector (youth development and K-12 education) teams working towards a shared vision of Social Emotional Learning within school districts and community partners in Seattle and South King County communities;
- Represent YDEKC’s point of view around the importance of integrating Social Emotional Learning with intentional focus on racial equity and culturally relevant practice;
- Facilitate, coordinate or collaborate with localized SEL teams through an organized planning process;
- Lead oversight or management of Social Emotional Learning projects and events;
- Create and lead an advisory group for YDEKC’s “whole child” strategy;
- Collaborate with YDEKC team to ensure alignment with other activities.
Budget Development & Management
- Manage project deliverables including coordination and oversight and budget management.
- Manage program budgets to meet contract mandates, budget goals, and revenue targets.
Partnership and Relationship Building
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with partners and colleagues;
- Serve as a member of related coalitions, task forces, and committees;
- Represent YDEKC at meetings, conferences, and other community events and provide support as needed;
- Build and maintain relationships with funders/ system partners and seek to establish relationships with potential new partners.
- Address racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices;
- Work toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism;
- Support overall office functionality and organization;
- Participate in staff meetings;
- Serve as an excellent ambassador for YDEKC and School’s Out Washington at all times both formally and informally;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years of related experience, Masters Degree in youth development, education, social work or related preferred (additional experience can substitute for higher education);
- Expertise in social emotional learning and positive youth development;
- Familiarity with and commitment to cross-sector collaboration between schools and youth serving organizations;
- Knowledge of equity and social justice principles and practices, and understanding of the effects of place-, race- and policy & systems-based inequities on marginalized communities;
- Strong facilitation and planning skills;
- Knowledge of, and positive relationships with, youth development leaders in King County;
- Strong and organized writer, note taker and material producer;
- Strong relationship and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team;
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Experience in working in and/or living in diverse communities preferred;
- Competencies: creativity, initiative, collaborative, strong written communication, attention to detail, flexibility, professionalism, understanding racial equity and social justice advocacy.
Hours and benefits:
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, occasional evenings or early mornings
Annual Salary: $58,000 – 72,000 annually. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Strong benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Exempt
Best Consideration Date: October 17, 2017, 5:00 p.m. PST
(Resumes will continue to be accepted after the best consideration date. However, preferential consideration is given to those resumes submitted by the best consideration date. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.)
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com “YDEKC SEL Strategy Senior Manager” in the subject line or send to:
SEL Strategy Senior Project Manager
801 – 23rd Avenue S., Suite A
Seattle, WA 98144
*YDEKC is hosted and fiscally sponsored by School’s Out Washington. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.