YDEKC is Hiring a New Database & Communications Coordinator!
Youth Development Executives of King County (YDEKC) is a coalition of 90+ Executive Directors and other key leaders of youth serving organizations in King County. YDEKC is working to advance the youth development field by focusing on a shared advocacy agenda, supporting measurement and evaluation and improved organizational development in the youth serving sector. School’s Out Washington serves as the host agency, fiscal sponsor and employer of record for YDEKC staff members.
Position Summary: The Communications and Database Coordinator manages all social media, web presence and communications; supports Salesforce database management and provides administrative functions including meeting notes, logistics, event planning and financial documentation.
Location: 801 23rd Avenue S., Suite A. Seattle, Washington
- Lead development of social media, e-newsletter and other communication tools;
- Manage website content and updates, and respond to general inquiries;
- Support the design of communication pieces and collateral materials.
- Maintain and improve Salesforce Database and other systems for member support and tracking;
- Design and implement basic enhancements to database including fields, record types, and workflows;
- Develop and improve evaluation reports and dashboards for annual and strategic planning;
- Keep current and accurate records of YDEKC constituents, including database and online recognition;
- Support member recruitment including awareness of YDEKC when executive leaders transition.
- Provide administrative support for committees including YDEKC Advisory Board, Road Map Workgroup, Racial Equity and Fund Development Committee meetings including meeting reminders, material preparation, set-up, and taking notes at select committees;
- Provide support for the Annual Summit, special workshops, conferences and other special events, including pre-event planning, managing RSVPs, arranging food, creating nametags and sign-in sheets, and other tasks as needed.
Financial Accounting Support
- Improve and adhere to systems to maintain records for grants, contracts and member contributions;
- Support donor cultivation efforts;
- Bill and collect accounts receivable, assist in tracking office expenses and other fiscal records;
- Ensure that financial and administrative policies conform to the policies set forth by School’s Out Washington.
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices;
- Commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism;
- Support overall office functionality and organization;
- Participate in staff meetings;
- Serve as an excellent ambassador for YDEKC and School’s Out Washington at all times both formally and informally;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, the Youth Development field;
- Strong and organized writer and note taker;
- Database management skills; Salesforce experience preferred;
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft Suite;
- Website management (WordPress, etc.) and social media experience;
- Strong relationship and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team;
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Experience in working in and /or living in diverse communities preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (equivalent education and experience considered);
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals, groups, communities and organizations;
- Competencies: creativity, initiative, collaborative, strong written communication, attention to detail, flexibility, professionalism, understanding racial equity and social justice advocacy.
Hours and benefits:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Hourly Rate: $17-$21, DOE. Generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, retirement, and Paid Time Off. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Non-exempt
This position will remain open until filled, but resumes will be reviewed beginning Monday, August 22, 2016.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org “Communications and Database Coordinator” in the subject line or send to:
Communications and Database Coordinator
801 – 23rd Avenue S., Suite A
Seattle, WA 98144
For more information, go to www.schoolsoutwashington.org and www.ydekc.org
*YDEKC is hosted and fiscally sponsored by School’s Out Washington. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.