- This event has passed.
Quick Connections — Partnership Stories & Strategies
January 20, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 10:30 am
This recording is part 12 in a series highlighting strategies and tools to build and strengthen school-community partnerships, co-sponsored by School’s Out Washington and YDEKC. For this session we spoke with two librarians and the teen services coordinator for the King County Library System (KCLS) and a school librarian who partners with the public library. They shared examples of partnerships between schools, libraries, and community-based organizations; tips for building partnerships when your organization is not in a school building; techniques for overcoming challenges to developing and coordinating cross-sector partnerships; and ways the public library can be resource to the community (hint: it’s much more than a “warehouse of books”!).
We encourage you to check out these resources to support your own work in these areas:
• Learning Beyond: 21st Century Summer and Out-of-School Time Programs for Youth, a toolkit from the Association for Library Service to Children: https://www.ala.org/alsc/sites/ala.org.alsc/files/content/professional-tools/alsc-summer-and-outofschooltime-toolkit-PRINT.pdf
• Learn more about the King County Library System: https://kcls.org/
• Mapping Your Partnership Ecosystem: https://ydekc.org/resource-center/ecosystem-mapping-activity/
• Planning for Ongoing Communication: https://ydekc.org/resource-center/planning-ongoing-communication/
• Partnership Meeting Topics & Sample Agenda: https://ydekc.org/resource-center/partnership-meeting-topics/
• Tip Sheet: Developing a Memorandum of Understanding: https://ydekc.org/resource-center/tip-sheet-mous/
Check out the rest of the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1gj9jGVQ0&list=PLXvCD-Qeu8ktjHpbAgnByOQX8ULPtlY3k