- This event has passed.
Resilience Cohort for Professionals serving Youth and Families
March 10, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Staff of youth-serving organizations are invited to join a multi-agency cohort to support resilience and well-being among professionals serving youth and families. Led by Shayla Collins and Becca Calhoun from The Center for Child & Family Well-Being (CCFW) at the University of Washington, the sessions will include teaching, guided contemplative practices, and group discussions. We encourage you to attend this training with at least one other staff person from your organization.
Resilient Attitudes & Living (REAL Pro) is a program that helps to strengthen skills for navigating stress and increasing your well-being. We will share mindfulness techniques that can support you both personally & professionally. This will be an opportunity for interactive, reciprocal learning.
The goals of this online program are to create a supportive space for you to:
- Practice and strengthen skills for resilience and self-compassion;
- Learn and share with one another skills for building a culture of compassion and resilience at work;
- Reflect on strategies to enhance relationships with colleagues and
“Excellent program that was a game changer for me this year. The presenters are authentic, personable, and skilled at what they do… Mindfulness is for everyone.” – REAL Pro participant
Event Dates & Times
This event will take place virtually on Zoom, every other Thursday of each month, from 10:00-11:30 a.m., starting March 10, 2022.
The schedule is:
- DAY 1: Thursday, March 10, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 2: Thursday, March 24, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 3: Thursday, April 7, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 4: Thursday, April 21, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 5: Thursday, May 5, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- DAY 6: Thursday, May 19, from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Participants in this program will be invited to complete research surveys about stress and well-being. This research is important, because there is limited research on the stress, well-being, and coping strategies in youth-serving organizations.
If you enroll, you will be offered a gift card for completing each survey. (Surveys take about 15 minutes.) The first survey will be prior to the first session and you will receive a $20.00 Tango Card. The second survey will be after the final session and you will receive a $25.00 Tango card.
Register by March 2, 2022.
At YDEKC we seek to provide events that are accessible and welcoming to all. Here is a list of some of the ways we are making this event accessible:
- Inviting registrants to share accommodation requests when they register, at least one week before the program begins
- Sharing participant expectations in the event description — such as whether there will be breaks, breakout rooms, and types of engagement
- Providing multiple ways to join virtual sessions — for example, via computer or phone
- Automated closed captioning will be available during the sessions (excluding breakout rooms) via Zoom’s Live Transcription feature
- Registrants will receive handouts for individual sessions, and, if permission is given by participants, access to recordings
In order to make our learning events accessible to all, we offer a scale of fee options from $50 to $450. Please choose the fee that is meaningful and possible for you at this time.
There will be no refunds available after March 2, 2022.
Registration closes March 2, 2022.
1. Click to choose your ticket, input the Attendee’s information, then click Continue.
2. Complete your registration and input any payment details, then click Submit.