YDEKC is Hiring a New YDEKC Project Manager!
Youth Development Executives of King County (YDEKC) is a coalition of youth-serving organizations and a cross-sector convener working to improve outcomes for young people. Representing the executive leadership of King County youth-serving nonprofit organizations, YDEKC is uniquely positioned to advocate for and with our members and the youth they serve; to convene critical cross-sector partnerships; and to develop field- and organizational-level knowledge about best practices in youth development. In the last five years, YDEKC has established itself as a key voice for youth-serving providers in the region. School’s Out Washington serves as the host agency, fiscal sponsor and employer of record for YDEKC staff members.
Position Summary: The YDEKC Project Manager will manage planning and execution of Social Emotional Learning activities and events and support the piloting of the School-Community Partnership Toolkit with a cohort of school-based partnership site leads.
Location: 801 23rd Avenue S., Suite A. Seattle, Washington
Social Emotional Learning
- Lead coordination and planning for Social Emotional Learning projects and events;
- Coordinate planning advisory group through communication, meting facilitation and follow-up;
- Support meetings and events with materials;
- Work with YDEKC team to ensure alignment with other activities.
- Design and execute process for recruiting Partnership Toolkit Pilot cohort;
- Facilitate regular meetings of cohort members;
- Provide individualized technical assistance or support to cohort members;
- Use feedback from pilot cohort to adapt and improve Toolkit;
- Work with YDEKC team to publish toolkit online.
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices;
- Commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism;
- Support overall office functionality and organization;
- Participate in staff meetings;
- Serve as an excellent ambassador for YDEKC and School’s Out Washington at all times both formally and informally;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with and commitment to cross-sector collaboration between schools and youth development;
- Strong facilitation skills for cross-sector planning groups;
- Experience managing school-community partnerships;
- Knowledge of, and positive relationships with, youth development leaders in King County;
- Strong and organized writer, note taker and material producer;
- Strong relationship and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team;
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Experience in working in and /or living in diverse communities preferred;
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals, groups, communities and organizations;
- Competencies: creativity, initiative, collaborative, strong written communication, attention to detail, flexibility, professionalism, understanding racial equity and social justice advocacy.
Hours and benefits: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Hourly Rate: $17-$21, DOE
Pro-rated benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Non-exempt
This position will remain open until November 17, 2016 at Noon.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com “YDEKC Project Manager” in the subject line or send to:
801 – 23rd Avenue S., Suite A
Seattle, WA 98144
*YDEKC is hosted and fiscally sponsored by School’s Out Washington. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.