YDEKC is hiring an Administrative and Database Assistant!
Youth Development Executives of King County (YDEKC) is a coalition of youth-serving organizations and a cross-sector convener working to improve outcomes for young people. Representing the executive leadership of youth-serving nonprofit organizations supporting children and youth in King County, Washington, YDEKC is uniquely positioned to advocate for and with our members and the youth they serve; to convene critical cross-sector partnerships; and to develop field- and organizational-level knowledge about best practices in youth development. In the last eight years, YDEKC has established itself as a key voice for youth-serving providers in the region.
School’s Out Washington serves as the fiscal sponsor and employer of record for YDEKC staff members.
The Administrative and Database Assistant supports YDEKC’s staff and day to day operations to help the organization run more smoothly and effectively.
- Find and secure space, food, and supplies needed for various YDEKC events and activities such as annual summit, workshops, and symposiums
- Manage systems and coordination of RSVPs for events and trainings
- Committee support as needed
- Maintain office supplies and equipment in coordination with School’s Out Washington
- Work with School’s Out Washington and technology vendors to ensure access to necessary technology and support
- Maintain and improve CRM Database (currently Salesforce) and other systems for member support and tracking
- Design and implement basic enhancements to database including fields, record types, and workflows
- Develop and improve evaluation reports and dashboards for annual and strategic planning
- Keep current and accurate records of YDEKC constituents, including database and online recognition
Member Recruitment and Engagement
- Support member engagement including awareness of YDEKC when executive leaders transition
- Coordinate quarterly New Member Orientations/YDEKC 101
- Maintain YDEKC recruitment / information packets / welcome information
Financial Accounting Support
- Improve and adhere to systems to maintain records for grants, contracts and member contributions
- Support donor cultivation efforts
- Bill and collect accounts receivable, assist in tracking office expenses and other fiscal records
- Produce check requests
- Ensure that financial and administrative policies conform to the policies set forth by School’s Out Washington.
- Lead development of social media, e-newsletter and other communication tools
- Manage website content and updates, and respond to general inquiries
- Commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism and openness to engaging in challenging conversations that center racial equity
- Commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices
- Support overall office functionality and organization
- Participate in staff meetings
- Serve as an excellent ambassador for YDEKC and School’s Out Washington at all times both formally and informally
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with, and commitment to, the Youth Development field
- Strong and organized writer and note taker
- Database management skills; Salesforce experience preferred
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly in Microsoft Suite
- Website management (WordPress, etc.) and social media experience
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience in working in and /or living in diverse communities preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (equivalent education and experience considered)
- Commitment to working with diverse individuals, groups, communities and organizations
- Competencies: creativity, initiative, collaborative, strong written communication, attention to detail, flexibility,
professionalism, understanding racial equity and social justice advocacy.
OUR EQUITY COMMITMENT
School’s Out Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Classification: Non-exempt
This is a full-time non-exempt position reporting to the YDEKC Executive Director.
Pay range: $18 – $22.00 / hour
40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
SOWA offers a generous benefits plan including ample paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 403b retirement savings plan matched by the organization after their second year of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply by emailing your resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com. Cover letters should be no more than 2 pages and should outline how your professional background, experience, interests and passions specifically correlate to the position and Youth Development Executives of King County’s mission and work.
Applications received by Friday, August 2nd will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after the best consideration date. However, preferential consideration is given to those resumes submitted by the best consideration date. The announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
*YDEKC is hosted and fiscally sponsored by School’s Out Washington. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. School’s Out Washington/YDEKC has a commitment to addressing racism, sexism, heterosexism and other discriminatory practices and a commitment to working toward racial equity through undoing institutional and structural racism. Women, People of Color, people living with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.