Measurement Toolkit Overview
Our suite of evaluation tools supports youth development organizations in their continuous improvement work
We have built a collection of measurement tools, tip sheets, and planning documents for youth development leaders who are trying to build a strong data culture in their organizations.
About the Toolkit
Our toolkit is aligned to the Washington State Quality Standards developed by School’s Out Washington. It is guided by the following core principles:
- Commitment to honest inquiry and ongoing organizational learning
- Respect for the strength and dignity of children, families, and communities
- Elevation of evaluation practices that advance racial equity
- Advancement of participatory approaches to the evaluation of youth programs
How to use the Toolkit
The toolkit is organized into six sections (Logic Models, Evaluation Plans, Program Data, Youth Data, School Data, and Analysis and Reporting). Each section contains:
- A checklist that allows organizations to quickly assess evaluation practices against the core principles above
- Short presentations that provide background on key evaluation topics
- Tip sheets covering a range of evaluation activities
- Worksheets and activity suggestions to put learning into practice
Resources can be used alone or in combination, and most can be adapted to suit a more specific purpose.